Monday 11 August 2008

The Sun Herald City 2 Surf

The Sun Herald City 2 Surf

What a weekend -- after a long period of anticipation, I finally took to the pavement in the 2008 City2Surf. My aim was to run as much of the 14km course as I could, and hopefully to finish in under 100 minutes. This puts me in the 'Green Start' (second group) if I choose to run the course next year.

I finished the race in approximately 89 minutes -- having run (I use the term loosely -- it was more of a consistent jog) the whole way.

It was a great feeling to have achieved this milestone. I entered the race in 2003(?) -- not to run it, but to walk it. I can't remember my time from back then -- but as recently as 12 months ago, I couldn't have even run around an oval without needing to stop several times to catch my breath!!!

I must confess that I am feeling a little sore today however.

Joining the Step Into Life outdoor exercise program has made huge difference to my level of fitness. My personal trainer Karen Boath has been a real encouragement and inspiration.

No comments: