Wednesday 27 August 2008

Pub2Pub Success

Once again a successful run. The official distance was 13km, but a friend from my exercise class had a GPS device that measured it as 13.7km. Essentially the same as the City2Surf at 14km, especially when you consider that the first 800m is run on the beach!

My official time was 1:28:44 and I was delighted to have been able to run all the way (apart from a couple of bottlenecks when running up from the beach). My fitness instructor, Karen Boath, only managed to beat my time by 4 mins! My recovery has also been much faster this time around.

I personally found this race a little harder than the City2Surf as this time I was running north directly into the sun. It just happened to be an overcast day for the City2Surf; and you are running east and south anyway, so the sun isn't as much of a problem.

Simon (my 9 year old) is now keen for me to take him for a run...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Daddy,
I am so proud of you,you have become very fit and i love you so so so so so so so much
you are so special in my life!
From your loving daughter
Bethy Bear

Wes said...

Thank you for your lovely words my precious Beth! Love, Daddy

Anonymous said...

hey babe you are awsome daddy i love you