Thursday 30 October 2008

Canberra -- call me 'crazy' but I love it

Some of my closest friends and many other think I'm mad for loving our national capital -- the magnificent Canberra -- or 'Cambra' as it's often pronounced locally.

There is so much to see in Canberra. It is a modern thriving metropolis less than four hours drive from Sydney. It has all the amenities that Sydney has to offer, but without the traffic chaos, expense and overcrowding.

Belinda and I just spent a delightful weekend there, enjoying meals at various restaurants, going to the Caravan and Camping show (we managed to park across the road within spittin' distance of the entrance!), and also seeing a movie in the city centre where we managed to park our car on the street right outside the cinema.

I love planning and setting aside opportunities like this for the sake of our marriage. I have learned over the years that no-one else will make your marriage a priority, so it is best to make sure you put the effort in yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that you asked for it Blog Man. You may be a great husband, father, Christian and friend to many, but you are most definitely crazy to love "it".

Anonymous said...

How true you are anonymous. I have been trying to quietly (and not so quietly) hint that to Wes for years!

Wes said...

Scott and Anonymous might like to see my latest post...